Malwarebytes is a security program to protect your computer system. Malwarebytes is a very light-weighted anti-malware with other exclusive features like removing all known unknown infections at a very fast rate. Its features of cleaning and removing of malware are free and if you want other benefits you can upgrade to its premium version. Its premium version includes anti-ransomware, real-time protection, malicious URL protection, real-time protection, and many more.
Malwarebytes is a package of full protection. But after some period of time, it may start giving pop-ups. These pop-ups will not affect your computer but it is such a headache while playing online games and watching movies. Sometimes these Malwarebytes popup won’t go away easily.
Common Malwarebytes anti-malware pop-ups are:
• Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit popup while opening the web browser
• Protection disables popup
• Premium Trial Expired popup
• Buy an upgrade popup
How to get rid of Malwarebytes popup:
You can easily prevent Malwarebytes pop-ups by adjusting some setting in Malwarebytes anti-malware. Here are some steps for removing pop-ups:
1. Open Malwarebytes
2. Go to Settings
3. Open Application tab
4. Scroll down to the Notification
5. Open the notification section and configure the following settings:
• Turn off the non-critical notifications. Switch the show Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows System Tray settings to the off position.
• Choose the duration period of the notification. Go to close notifications after and choose how quickly the notifications will close.
• Turn off the real-time protection notifications. Switch the show notifications when real-time protection setting is turned off setting to off position.
1. Go to System Preferences on your Mac. Tap the gray gear icon of application folder or you can click Apple icon and select System Preferences.
2. Go to the upper-right corner of the System Preferences window and click the notifications category.
3. Scroll down the list of applications and open Malwarebytes to view the applications notification settings.
• To prevent all banner and alert notifications from the application, select none in the Malwarebytes alert style option.
• Uncheck the other notification options: You will see a list of notifications here. Disabled all the notifications:
• To stop notification pop-ups on the lock screen, uncheck show notification on the lock screen
• To prevent the new items in notification center panel, disable the show in Notification Center
• To prevent the red notification badge, uncheck the Badge app icon
• To mute all kinds of notifications, disable the Play sounds for notifications.
With these steps, you can easily get rid of all notifications but note that turning off notifications in Malwarebytes doesn’t turn off critical notifications. Here are some notifications which are considered as critical:
• Renewal reminders
• Expiration notification
• Real-time protection blocked a threat notification
• Malwarebytes Update Popup
• Scan detected a threat notification
• Reboot required to remove threats notification
Malwarebytes Renewal Popup
You will get Malwarebytes renewal popups when your auto-renewal mode is disabled and your antivirus is about to expire. The best option to stop Malwarebytes popups is to enable the auto-renewal mode. But auto-renewal features are not available on every Malwarebytes plan. Check your antivirus plan to see whether your antivirus is eligible for auto-renewal or not. If yes then follow the steps given below for enabling your auto-renewal mode:
- Open your device and click on Malwarebytes auto-renewal mode
- Malwarebytes dashboard will appear on the screen
- Click on My Profile page
- Tap the subscription button
- Hit the auto-renewal option
- Your page will get redirected to the Malwarebytes website
- Login screen may appear
- Enter you Malwarebytes username
- Enter your Password
- Hit the login button
Now go to My Account option and tap the subscription button.
Go to the Auto-renewal option and toggle the button to enable. Once you activate this mode; your antivirus will get renewed automatically. Now again go to your Malwarebytes subscription page and check whether your auto-renewal mode gets enabled or not. If your Malwarebytes notifications won’t go away then seek other solutions.
How to stop Malwarebytes Notifications?
If your plan is not eligible for auto-renewal then you have to renew your Malwarebytes antivirus manually. Renewing Malwarebytes is very simple, you can follow the steps mentioned below for renewing Malwarebytes antivirus:
- Click on the popup
- Malwarebytes page will open on the screen
- Click on the Login button
- Enter username
- Enter your password
- Now tap the Login button
- You will get Malwarebytes renewal page
- Click on Renew button
- You will be redirected to Cart page
- Check your plan and enter the payment details
- Make sure you are using a secure connection and then press the Buy Now button
Malwarebytes renewal may take some time. Do not hit the refresh button and wait until the process completes. A renewal message will appear on the screen. Check your email account; you must get a confirmation email with a receipt. Now you won’t get renewal popup until your license expires. But if your renewal process failed and Malwarebytes popup won’t go away then contact Malwarebytes technical team immediately.
How to get rid of Malwarebytes upgrade popup?
You will get this error when you are using the freeware of Malwarebytes. You will get upgrade pop-ups until you get a paid plan of Malwarebytes. If you want to stop Malwarebytes upgrade notification then you have to purchase a paid plan of Malwarebytes. Here are the steps for upgrading your Malwarebytes:
- Click on the upgrade popup
- Malwarebytes website will open on your web browser
- You will see various Malwarebytes plan on the screen
- Choose the Malwarebytes plan which is compatible with your device
- Click on the plan
- Login screen may appear
- Enter your Malwarebytes credentials
- Hit the login button
- Now review your plan and details on cart
- Hit the Next button
- Enter your payment details
- Click on the Pay Now button
Once you purchase the upgrade plan; open your email account. Run the provided Malwarebytes link. It will automatically remove your old Malwarebytes setup. If not, you should remove it before installing upgraded Malwarebytes setup. Now follow the on-screen wizards for completing the installation process. After installing the upgraded plan; you won’t get Malwarebytes to upgrade popup. If you are still dealing with popups issues then contact the Malwarebytes team and ask how to disable Malwarebytes popups. They will provide all the possible reliable solutions.