HP is an American multinational IT Company headquartered in Palo Alto, California. It manufactures a wide variety of hardware components as well as software services.
HP printers are one of the most common printers in the market due to its affordable prices as well as wide range. A user may face some errors while using the HP printer. One of the most common errors in HP Envy 5055, 5020 is 0XC4EB8004. Here is the solution for 0XC4EB8004 error:
Clear jammed paper from the printer
The error can occur due to paper jams in multiple areas of the printer.
1. Tap OK to clear the paper jam automatically.
2. If the paper jam does not solve then try manually.
3. Disconnect the printer from any source.
4. Take out the output tray.
5. Open the input door and pull out to extend the input tray.
6. Use a flashlight to check paper inside the tray area.
7. Put the input try back in the printer.
8. Set the printer to its normal position.
9. Open the ink cartridge access door to look inside the printer for any loose objects.
10. If you find any loose objects, fix them.
11. Close the cartridge access door.
12. Put the output tray back
13. Reconnect the power and all other cables to the printer, and turn on the printer
Check if the problem is fixed or not, if not then try next step.
Try removing and reinserting the ink cartridges
Improper installation of the ink cartridges may cause carriage jam error. To make sure that your ink cartridges are installed correctly, remove and reinstall the cartridge, and try to print again.
1. Turn on your printer
2. Grasp the handles on either side of the printer and raise ink cartridge access door until it locks into place
3. The carriage will moves slightly to the left
4. Wait until the ink carriage is set to idle
5. Lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot, pull the cartridge, and remove it from the slot
6. Reinsert the cartridge into its slot until it fits correctly in its place
7. Close the lid of the ink cartridge
Try to print something, if you are still unable to fix the error try next step.
Plug your printer directly into the wall outlet
1. Plug in your printer directly to an electrical outlet to make sure that the power sources are working correctly.
2. Disconnect the power code from the printer
3. Unplug the power cord from any surge suppressors
4. Plug in the power cord directly to an electrical outlet
5. Reconnect the power cable to the rear of the printer
6. Turn on the printer.
Again try to print, if you are still unable to print then try next step.
Reset your printer
1. Turn on your printer
2. Wait until it is idle and silent
3. Disconnect the power cord
4. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet
5. Wait for about 1 minute
6. Plug the power cord back
7. Reconnect the power cord of the printer
8. Turn on the printer
If you are still unable to resolve this issue then you can call HP customer service number for any the help.
You can also visit direct HP website www.support.hp.com to complete your setup or call at 1-(800)-108-4747.