A printer is a peripheral device used to make a persistent human-readable representation of text or graphics on paper. The first printer was designed by Charles Babbage in the 19th century, but his mechanical printer was not built until 2000. The first electronic printer was manufactured by a Japanese company Epson named as EP-101 in 1968. These printers generally used mechanisms for Teletype machines and Typewriters. The first low-cost printer was HP LaserJet introduced in 1984.
There are many types of printers are available in the market. Personal printers are generally designed to support individual users and may be connected to a single computer. These printers are usually designed for low-volume, short –turnaround print jobs and requiring minimal setup time to print a hard copy of a document. They are generally slow and print about 6 to 25 pages per minute. Some printers also support memory cards, digital cameras, and scanners for print documents.
Shared printers or networked printers are very high-speed printers and can print about 45 to 100 pages per minute.
The printers are mainly classified into two categories:
• Impact printers
• Non-impact printers
Impact Printers: These types of printers use a print head that hits on the surface of the ink ribbon, pressing it against the paper. Types of Impact printers:
- Daisy wheel printer: This type of printer operates similarly as a typewriter. A hammer of the printer strikes the wheel with petals, each petal contains a letter. The letter strikes a ribbon of ink, depositing the ink on the page and prints a character. Different characters can be print by rotating the daisy wheel. The best quality daisy printers can print 30 characters per second.
- Dot matrix printer: These types of impact printers use a matrix of small pins to transfer ink to the page. The advantage of dot matrix printers over other impact is it can also print graphical image. But the text quality of dot matrix printer is generally poorer than other impact printers.
Non-impact Printers: These printers do not use head-banging principle. These printers do not have hammers so they are less noisy than impact printer.
- Types of non-impact printer:
Laser printer: This printer is used for printing high-quality text and graphics. These are the most common type of printer for personal use. The laser printer works as a copier machine. It uses dry ink.
- Inkjet printer: Liquid inkjet printers operate by spilling variably sized of droplets of ink. Solid inkjet printers use solid sticks of CMYK colored ink.
HP is one of the top printer brands. It is one of the first companies who built laser printers for PCs, and many software products such as drivers for HP printers. HP provides a large number of different Printers:
• Color Laser Printer
• Black and white Laser Printer
• Laser Multifunction Printer
• Specialty Photo Inkjet Printer
• Inkjet All-in-one Printer
• Color Inkjet Printer
• Business Ink Printer
• HP Designjet Large Format Printer
• HP Latex Printer
• HP Scitex Large Format Printer
Common issues with HP printers:
• Paper Jams: It is a situation when printing material gets lodged into a printer.
• Ghosting: It is a situation when an image gets printed in a low-quality.
• Error 0xc18a0206: HP 0xc18a0206 printer error shows in the control of the Printer.
Reasons for getting HP error 0xc18a0206 are:
- Printer setup may not be installed properly
- The cartridge is damaged or not inserted properly
- Printer cartridge low message
Solutions for 0xc18a0206 error:
Solving 0xc18a0206 error code for HP Printers
- Change empty or low cartridges: If ink alert message is displayed before this message then changing the cartridge can be a good solution.
- Make sure the cartridge is inserted or installed properly.
- Try removing and re-inserting cartridge
- Use automatic cleaning utility of printer.
- Update your printer drivers.
If the HP Printer error 0xc18a0206 is not resolved, then call HP Support.
Resolving 0xc18a0206 Error “Ink system failure”
- Delete all ink cartridges from your printer
- Check for any residual tape on the cartridge
- Delete all contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the HP PhotoSmart all in one printer itself
- Turn off the printer and disconnect it for about 1 minute
- Reinsert the cartridge
If the 0xc18a0206 error is not fixed with any solutions then call +1-800-841-7847 (US/CA) or 0-808-234-2380 (UK) for the best printer support. This service is the best HP Printer Troubleshooting support service. This support is 24*7 available, so you can ask for help at any time of the day.